Saturday, August 31, 2013

How To Read Korean Product Expiration Date

I bet many people doesn't know how to read Korean product expiration date. I always questioned by them : "has it already expired? or why did you give me expired cosmetics?" That's always makes me feel frustated.

So today I'm gonna teach all of you how to read expiration date of Korean products. It's very simple and easy. Maybe sometimes their expiration date hard to find on their box due to size of the packaging. But if you try to find it thorough, you can find it fastly!

Korean expiration code is always started by numbers of year first then month and date. They usually located in behind the packaging and on outside box.

Please be carefull to differentiate Korean expiration date. First you have to know is that production code or best before use code. If they use production code then there won't be "BFM or Best Before Month" on it. If they use best before use code I'm pretty sure it will be expire at that date.

Then How do I know the exact of expiration date if they use production code ? Yeah it's very easy! If you never open the product then it will be expired 2 or 3 years after it produced from the factory. But if you have already open it, then it will be expired a year after it produced from the factory.




Do have any question ? Comment! Let's share together! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi. Read ur post but don't really understand it. I see u are using laneige bb cushion as an example. So does that mean date shown is manufacturing date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi some korean products dont show the huge printed expiry dates such as the innisfree mask sheets. I have a few that i have bought for a while and i have no clue if its expired yet. if you know can you tell me how to read the expiry date located at the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are applications for the calculation of the expiration date, I use it https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.shelflife.shelflife

    ReplyDelete